ws-users mailing list archives

From Rhett Sutphin <rhett-sutp...@uiowa.edu>
Subject Re: secure stuff again
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2002 13:54:07 GMT
On Tuesday, November 19, 2002, at 11:38  PM, Martin Redington wrote:
> yaffle[827] ls -l /Library/Java/Home/lib/ext/jsse.jar
> -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  464028 Jul 14 21:57
> /Library/Java/Home/lib/ext/jsse.jar
>
> jsse is installed by default on Jaguar (Mac OS X) ...

This is not your immediate problem, but you'll probably run into it in
the future if you are using the default JSSE on OS X:  JSSE 1.0.1 and
earlier had a bug that made them not be able to communicate via SSL
with anything except another JSSE-using application.  JSSE 1.0.2 (which
is the version that ships with OS X, I think) has a fix, but it is
disabled by default.  You can enable it by setting a system property
(com.sun.net.ssl.dhKeyExchangeFix), or by updating the included JSSE
jars to 1.0.3_01, which is available from Sun.

More info: http://java.sun.com/products/jsse/CHANGES.txt

Rhett