ws-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Rall <...@finemaltcoding.com>
Subject Re: xml-rpc /htts /proxy - problem
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 21:49:09 GMT
Richard Vanek <richo@piskoftak.sk> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 09:05:15AM +0100, Rupp,Heiko wrote:
> >
> > Do you have access to the proxy and can somehow trace what
> > is going on?
>
> Unfortunately not, but I can do some net sniffering. I let you know. Here
> is the exception I am getting when go through proxy.
>
> java.io.IOException: Unable to tunnel through proxy. Proxy returns
> "HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request"
>         at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient$Worker.execute(XmlRpcClient.java)
>         at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java)
>         at UpdWebPhoto.main(UpdWebPhoto.java:67)

If you have access to a unixy system, try using a sniffer like
ethereal.  Filter the appropriate port, sort the network traffic you
capture, then right-click on the first entry and select "Follow TCP
Streams" ... ethereal is terrific, it re-assembles all that network
traffic into your HTTP transaction, showing you color-coded
request/response pairs.  If you can see what the client is sending
we'll have a better chance of knowing what's going on.
--

Daniel Rall <dlr@finemaltcoding.com>