ws-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Rall <...@finemaltcoding.com>
Subject Re: java.policy...
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2002 20:12:18 GMT
"Luis Fernandez" <luis@neofis.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> This is my first post to the list, so I want first of all say "hello
> everybody, and good job!"
>
> I am developing a xml-rpc client which is an applet. I use for the
> server side the built-in xml-rpc server in a unprivilleged port (8090)
> and the applet is in normal web server that relies on the same host,
> but on diferent port (80).
>
> When I test the applet, it gives to me a security exception, and i
> solve it editing the java.policy file on the client machine to give
> permissions in this way:
>
> grant codeBase "http://127.0.0.1/-" {
>   permission java.security.AllPermission;
> };
>
> Is it necessary? i mean, should i edit all the java.policy file in all
> the final clients, or there is another way?

I assume you're using our XML-RPC client.  Some previous releases of
the client referenced code from the com.sun.* packages, which I
believe are inaccessible to applets w/out a policy file (you'd have to
search the mailing list archives for exact details).  I seem to recall
this being for the base64 library.  What version of the client are you
using?

Also, have you given the latest from CVS a try?

> Sorry for my poor english...

Your english is better than that of a lot of native speakers!
--

Daniel Rall <dlr@finemaltcoding.com>