ws-users mailing list archives

From Rune Froysa <rune.fro...@usit.uio.no>
Subject Bug: MinML silently ignores encoding
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:50:36 GMT
Unless sax.driver is set, XmlRpc will default to the MinML sax driver.
This driver silently ignores the encoding specification in the first
line of the xml file, and the default character encoding does not seem
to be utf-8.

If this driver is supposed to still be the default driver for XmlRpc,
then I sugges that it should detect utf-8 usage and emit a warning to
save developers from having to do a lot of debugging to figure out why
their utf-8 based code does not work.

Pythons xmlrpclib seems to default to utf-8.  As far as I can see, the
Xml-RPC spec does not specify any character set.

Regards,
Rune Fr√łysa