ws-users mailing list archives

From Slavazza Piercarlo <...@quinary.it>
Subject Re: Xmlrpc slowness
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 08:39:32 GMT
Peter Carter wrote:

> Anything tat seems to slow down, during java execution, would make me
> want to look at the java garbage collection.
>
> On the server side, you may want to use '-server' option for the jvm.
> Another option woulld be '-Xincgc'. These options (jvm 1.3.x) give the
> jvm more robustness for full time service.

Thanks for these tips: I'll try the suggested switches...
Anyway, now all seems ok: we figured out that, probably, the bottleneck
was the overhead given by an oracle database (running on the same
machine of the xmlrpc server, the windows one) that should have been
tuned better.

Thanks to all for your help!
bye
piercarlo