ws-users mailing list archives

From Peter Carter <pet...@pbc.ottawa.on.ca>
Subject Re: Xmlrpc slowness
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 14:45:01 GMT
Anything tat seems to slow down, during java execution, would make me
want to look at the java garbage collection.

On the server side, you may want to use '-server' option for the jvm.
Another option woulld be '-Xincgc'. These options (jvm 1.3.x) give the
jvm more robustness for full time service. It's been my experience that
the webserver class performs much better than a 'real webserver' in
this reguard.

If your client is on the win2k machine, make sure you have enough real
ram. Win2k is an absolute pig, when it swaps out.