ws-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Landon - IBN" <mlan...@ibnads.com>
Subject RPC client hanging...
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2003 18:37:47 GMT
Upon further investigation of our hanging RPC clients, it appears that the
cause is due to the fact that we are using XmlRpcClientLite & it does not
allow us to change the default Socket.setSoTimeout value (currently left at
0).

I think if we switch to the XmlRpcClient (which uses the URLConnection
class) and use jre >= 1.4 we can utilize Sun's
"sun.net.client.defaultReadTimeout" system property to change the timeout.

Can anyone tell me whether this will work?  And whether we'll be able to set
the read timeout for XmlRpcClientLite in a future release?

Michael