ws-users mailing list archives

From Craig Kelley <ckel...@ibnads.com>
Subject CLOSE_WAIT
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 18:20:33 GMT

Hello everyone;

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find a way
to search through the archives of this list.  We are using v1.1 and are
seeing situations in which the Webserver object freezes with a whole
bunch of CLOSE_WAIT socket states.  No exceptions are thrown, however,
which seems strange if it had run out of runnable objects.  We are using
Java 1.4.1 under Linux (redhat 7.3), and are considering the idea of
setting SO_LINGER socket options via Socket's setSoLinger method, but we
wanted to check if anyone else has seen this sort of behavior before we
do so.

TIA,

  Craig

--