ws-users mailing list archives

From Lars Widmer <LarsWid...@gmx.ch>
Subject Re: Client debug?
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 15:35:31 GMT
Hello!
Jim, I once used the following code:
***
import java.net.*;
import java.io.*;

public class httpviewer
    {
    public static void main(String[] asArgs)
        {
        try
            {
            ServerSocket ss = new ServerSocket(8899);
            Socket s = ss.accept();
            InputStream is = s.getInputStream();

            while(true)
                {
                int i = is.read();
                if (i==-1) break;
                System.out.write(i);
                }

            System.out.println("\n\nConnection closed");
            }
        catch(IOException ioe)
            {
            System.err.println("Exception:");
            ioe.printStackTrace();
            }
        }
    }
***
It shows the lines which the client sends in order to make a call. They
look about the following HTTP-Request:
POST / HTTP/1.1
Host: dskt5591:8899
Accept: text/html, image/gif, image/jpeg, *; q=.2, */*; q=.2
Connection: keep-alive

As an other try I used a tool like
"EffeTech HTTP Sniffer"
That was better, but it didn't show all.
I got the following HTTP-Response:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Apache XML-RPC 1.0
Connection: close

At the end I had what I wanted :-)
More I haven't... Sorry
Lars

Jim Tay wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is there a way to see the actual xml that XmlRpcClient generates on an
>execute call?  I can't find any debug functions in this class...
>
>(I'm using the libraries in xmlrpc-1.1.jar)
>
>Thanks,
>Jim Tay

Content Security by MailMarshal