ws-users mailing list archives

From "Lin, Yaxiong" <lin.yaxi...@mayo.edu>
Subject java.util.NoSuchElementException
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:12:40 GMT

I am getting the "java.util.NoSuchElementException" on the WebServer started with "java org.apache.xmlrpc.WebServer"
(runs on NT) when contacted by the client that runs on IBM/zOS mainframe using the same xmlrpc.jar
package.  However the same client (xmlrpc.jar) runs fine on NT.

The command used to start the client on both IBM/zOS mainframe and NT is "java org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient
http://r0095122:8080 echo test 123" and both got the response correctly "[test, 123]"  (at
least printed out fine) on the client console, but the WebServer printed "java.util.NoSuchElementException"
for request coming from IBM/zOS mainframe, while it printed "java.net.SocketException: reset
connection" which I interpreted it as normal.

Is this an indication that something is not going to work correctly for the client on IBM/zOS
mainframe when I incorporate xmlrpc with my web app?  By the way, I had to make the code changes
to force encoding: bug# 17665 in order to get the client to work on IBM/zOS mainframe.  Does
anyone know anything more on this bug and when it might be fixed?

Thanks.

- Yaxiong