ws-users mailing list archives

From Walter Christian <wo...@sil.at>
Subject Re: getting back utf-8 data via xmlrpc call
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2003 01:05:02 GMT

Hello,

> I've got a servlet that I'm using with XmlRpcServer to call a class via
> xml-rpc.  I'm sending utf-8 data to it, and that's working fine, but
> when I try and get utf data back out, it comes out garbled in the areas
> where there were multi-byte chars... I fear I'm doing something wrong.
>
> I've already called XmlRpc.setEncoding("UTF-8"); in my servlet's init
> method...

I am doing exactly the same thing. It seems that setEncoding only works
correct for sending data. Every xml response I receive which is encoded
by UTF-8 also get garbled.
I solved this problem by setting -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 and now I get
correct results. But this is of course also only a temporary solution.

Regards,
	Walter Christian

--
email: wolti@sil.at      \ Friends don't let friends drink and su(1)