ws-users mailing list archives

From "S Suresh" <s...@india.hp.com>
Subject XmlRpcClient execute method hangs
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 14:38:28 GMT
Hi,

I try to invoke the XmlRpcClient.execute(..) method in my xml-rpc client (Win2K Server machine)
every minute or so (on discovering a new node
change in my network). It pass the data to the XmlRpc server running on a HP-UX 11i server.
The method seems to hang in the socketRead method
after some time (say, after sending the data about 15-20 times ) and its  not getting timed
out.

Has anybody faced the problem before and does a fix exist for this.

I am using xml-rpc version 1.1 and I checked with xml-rpc 1.2 as well and I  am using JDK
1.3.1.

Please find below the thread dump for the same.

"Thread-43" prio=3D5 tid=3D0x8b2d410 nid=3D0x548 runnable[0xa45f000..0xa45fdbc]
at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:85)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:181)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:220)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:275)
at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:109)
at java.io.PushbackInputStream.read(PushbackInputStream.java:159)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:644)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:608)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:519)
at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient$Worker.execute(XmlRpcClient.java)
at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java)

Thanks and Regards,
Suresh.S