ws-users mailing list archives

From "Praveen Udawat" <prav...@gmo.jp>
Subject Re: Xml-rpc client from Applet
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 01:55:00 GMT
Hi Remis,

An applet can make network connection only with  the machine from which it
is
originated. It can not connect to any other machine.This is a fundamental
"sandbox" issue.
So the xml-rpc server to which you are connecting through applet should be
on same the machine.

But if the xml-rpc server is on a different machine then you need to write a
proxy server on your host machine which can forward your xmlrpc request to
actual xmlrpc server.

Hope it will help you.

Praveen Udawat
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: remigijus
  To: xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 7:37 AM
  Subject: Xml-rpc client from Applet

  Hi

  When I'm using XmlRpcClient from the applet i getting the following
message in the Sun Java Console

(java.util.PropertyPermission org.apache.xmlrpc.TypeFactory read)
   at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java
:269)
   at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:401)
   at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:524)
   at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(SecurityManager.java:1276)
   at java.lang.System.getProperty(System.java:573)
   at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpc.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient$Worker.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.getWorker(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(Unknown Source)
   at adminApplet.CategoriesModule$GetCategoriesAction.xmlRpcGetList(Unknown
Source)
   at
adminApplet.CategoriesModule$GetCategoriesAction.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
   at
javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1786)
   at
javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(AbstractButto
n.java:1839)
   at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:4
20)
   at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:258)
   at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:289)
   at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1113)
   at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$MouseInputHandler.mouseReleased(Basic
MenuItemUI.java:943)
   at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5100)
   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3615)
   at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1627)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:3483)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3198)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3128)
   at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1613)
   at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.ja
va:201)
   at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java
:151)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:145)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:137)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:100)

  It looks like XmlRpc object is trying to access some property which is
denyed by the Applet's security manager.

  So is it possible to use XmlRpcClient client from the applet.

  By the way, when I'm do debugging from AppletViewer evrything is Ok.

  I tryed to use Client classes from Applet package but there is comments
that they are pretty old.

  So where is problem and how to deal with it

  Remis