ws-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Hoegg <rho...@isisnetworks.net>
Subject Re: Really large amounts of data, was Re: XML-RPC for Database Access
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 01:55:32 GMT
Hi Greg,

For my uses using a CommonsXmlRpcTransport as an argument to
XmlRpcClient.execute() worked well, since I wanted to manage my
HttpClient outside of the XmlRpcClient.  We will definitely need to
round the library out with a CommonsXmlRpcTransportFactory, and make
sure we handle multithreading right.  Also, if you want to use HTTP
authentication, you will need to modify the transport, look for the TODO
in the source.

HttpClient httpClient = new HttpClient(getURL());
// configure as you please
CommonsXmlRpcTransport xtransport = new CommonsXmlRpcTransport(getURL(),
httpClient);
// I needed HTTP 1.1
// xtransport.setHttp11(true);
// that could also be done directly on the HttpClient
XmlRpcClient xmlrpc = new XmlRpcClient(getURL());

// ...

XmlRpcRequest request = new XmlRpcRequest(methodName, params);
Object result = xmlrpc.execute(request, xtransport);

OK, now that I've typed up that example I see some room for improvement
of the API :)  Hopefully soon I'll have a project where I can justify
spending some time reworking it...

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks