ws-users mailing list archives

From Michael Martinez <micha...@snocountry.org>
Subject Re: XML-RPC for Database Access
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 23:15:36 GMT
Shawn,

    I can't help you with the examples, but I can tell you
    that I am creating a similar app that utilizes XML-RPC
    to get data from a JDO Database Server to clients.

    Performance and reliability are noticably better with
    XML-RPC protocal.  My  old legacy app utilized ODBC
    which was slower and notoriously would fail for no
    reasonable reason.  Utilizing the built in webserver
    and a wrapper class to get to the JDO database, I had
    a prototype system up within a day.  I've spent more
    time debugging network configuration than any code
    directly related to XML-RPC....

    My 2 cents...

Michael