ws-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Van Horn <br...@brucevanhorn.net>
Subject Re: XML-RPC for Database Access
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2003 00:06:58 GMT
about a year and a half ago I built  a transaction server that took a
series of queries in an xml document via xmlrpc.

It works great as long as you don't try to move really large amounts of
data or BLOBs.

On Friday, November 21, 2003, at 08:35 AM, Shawn Evans wrote:

> I am pretty new to Java and even newer to JAX-RPC.  Does anyone know
> of any examples of how XML-RPC has been utilized for Database Access?
> Authentication of a user, viewing of data, updating tables,
> persistance?  I am thinking of using XML-RPC for an application
> deployed on the web with WebStart (JNLP) since it is lighter than JDBC
> drivers.  Any ideas on why not to do it this way?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shawn

Bruce Van Horn
Principal Consultant & Owner
<brucevanhorn.net/> LLC
http://www.brucevanhorn.net
972-625-0100

your full service IT source for application and web site hosting,
e-commerce and custom development.

Ask me how to get a dedicated, fully managed server on a very fast OC-3
connection for $129 per month.