ws-users mailing list archives

From Tanya Brethour <breth...@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: XmlRpc.parse problems
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 18:54:28 GMT

> > I'm using the org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient. Here is the code I have
> > to create the client (changed a bit for privacy):
> >
> > client = new
> > XmlRpcClient("http://someurl.org/xmlrpc_server.cgi");
> >
> > Vector xmlrpcParams = new Vector();
> >       xmlrpcParams.add("V4");
> >       xmlrpcParams.add("STTL");
> >       xmlrpcParams.add("DNVR");
> >
> >       xmlrpcParams.add("20031102000000");
> >       xmlrpcParams.add("20031103000000");
> >
> >       Vector results = (Vector)
> > client.execute("PIPES.NetworkMeasurement", xmlrpcParams);
> >
> >> You would be better off sending your "date" values as <string>s if
> >> you want to use this format.
> >
> > I guess thats what I thought I was doing by adding them to the execute
> > vector parameter as strings.
>
> The code you post looks fine. However it does not correspond to the parse
> trace you posted. Is it possible that you are not running the code you
> posted?

Hmm. No, its the same code. I even deleted the class files and recompiled
to make sure and also tried toggling debug output on and off. So I am sure
its the same code.

Actually, could this be an error in the response instead of the request?

Thats probably why it says "startElement: methodResponse"... heh. Ok, if
so, I'll have to contact the person who wrote the server to get it sorted
out I guess. Darn, sorry for the trouble.

Thanks,
Tanya