ws-users mailing list archives

From "Jason Wyatt" <jwy...@itree.com.au>
Subject RE: Feature idea: gzip encoding and XMLRPC
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:14:20 GMT
This is great... Thanks Dylan and Micheal. This is a really nice
surprise in the morning post :)

We are using XML-RPC over a slow & flaky GSM link (9600) to do remote
database queries, and although currently we don't have a need for large
resultsets, we might in the future, and I believe this should help our
link performance somewhat.

I actually started down the path of making the wrapping XML-RPC tags
more terse in Apache's XML-RPC1.1, but I put it on the back-burner, so
it's a nice surprise to see someone has done a zipped one.

Regards,
Jason

--
Falun Gong: A peaceful meditation practice under persecution in China
http://www.faluninfo.net

Truth - Compassion - Forbearance

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Landon - IBN [mailto:mlandon@ibnads.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 17 December 2003 7:40 AM
To: xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Feature idea: gzip encoding and XMLRPC

Exactly.  In our case, we send many structures via XML-RPC and the XML
would sometimes be as big as 3 MB per message.  We implemented the gzip
idea (gleaned from Google as well) and the messages dropped to under
100K!! We're using version 1.1, but I'm sure the changes could be easily
added to any version.  See attached files.

Michael