ws-users mailing list archives

From Gus Mueller <...@mu.org>
Subject Re: setEncoding broken? (Was re: accented characters in XMLRPC arguments)
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 19:35:29 GMT
Dylan McNamee (dylan@exanetworks.com) wrote:
> At the risk of chatting with myself on a public mailing list, I hereby
> revise my last email to say "it would seem that
> XmlRpc.setEncoding("UTF-8") is broken in 1.2-b1".

Calling setEncoding() doesn't change the behaviour of how the data is
written out, it just changes to the "prolog" so it looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

It doesn't actually let you write utf-8 data over 0xff.  If you want
that you have to change the source and do a recompile.

I would love to mistaken about this however...

-gus

--
August Mueller
http://flyingmeat.com/