ws-users mailing list archives

From Tom Bradford <bradf...@dbxmlgroup.com>
Subject Re: Feature idea: gzip encoding and XMLRPC
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:19:07 GMT
I don't know how good of an idea this is.   Most XML-RPC  messages are
relatively small, mostly fitting neatly within the space of one UDP
packet.  Compressing them would only impose the overhead of compressing
a small message, which may not even yield good results.

Seems like an unneeded optimization (and possibly a performance
degradation) to me.

--
Tom Bradford - http://www.tbradford.org/
CTO - The dbXML Group - http://www.dbxml.com/