ws-users mailing list archives

From "Leavell, Richard \(IndSys, GE Interlogix\)" <richard.leav...@ge.com>
Subject RE: setEncoding broken? (Was re: accented characters in XMLRPC arguments)
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 21:39:57 GMT
Too many emails on XMLRPC, can you tell me how to unsubscribe?

Blair Leavell

-----Original Message-----
From: Dylan McNamee [mailto:dylan@exanetworks.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 2:12 PM
To: xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: setEncoding broken? (Was re: accented characters in XMLRPC
arguments)

At the risk of chatting with myself on a public mailing list, I hereby
revise my last email to say "it would seem that
XmlRpc.setEncoding("UTF-8") is broken in 1.2-b1".

I've tried calling this, as well as "UTF8" (since that's what Java
seems to like to call it), and regardless, it doesn't seem to affect
how the parser is configured, nor does whether I call setEncoding
before or after creating my xmlrpcClient. Regardless of any of these
permutations, I always get this exception:

java.io.IOException: Invalid character data corresponding to XML entity
&#8730;
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient$Worker.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:444)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:163)

In this discussion:

http://www.mail-archive.com/rpc-dev@xml.apache.org/msg00967.htmlhttp://
www.mail-archive.com/rpc-dev@xml.apache.org/msg00967.html

The author of MinML says he's working on encoding-related stuff, but
that was in March, and nothing seems to have moved.

Does anyone else see this?

Thanks!
dylan mcnamee