ws-users mailing list archives

From Dylan McNamee <dy...@exanetworks.com>
Subject Feature idea: gzip encoding and XMLRPC
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:01:28 GMT
I just drew a Google-blank on this topic (so I'm not too hopeful) but I
thought I'd ask anyway: how easily could I "silently slip in" gzip
encoding at the HTTP-level underneath XMLRPC-Java?

I've been happily making a verbose XMLRPC protocol, and now am finding
myself with a bandwidth bottleneck...rather than trying to make my
XMLRPC more terse, gzipping it would be way more effective. XML
compresses like a dream!

Reflecting on my request (and the Javadocs), I think this would be a
subclass of XmlRpcClient (GzipXmlRpcClient)...but before I embark on
doing that, I thought I'd check the list whether a) it's been done, b)
it's really easy or hard to do, or c) it shouldn't be done (like my
sessions with cookies idea).

Thanks!
dylan