ws-users mailing list archives

From Dylan McNamee <dy...@exanetworks.com>
Subject accented characters in XMLRPC arguments
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 18:42:55 GMT
I'm having troubles sending a String that contains accented characters
as an argument to an XMLRPC function.

Specifically, when I send a String containing an accented character
(e.g. é) into the param list, I get the following exception:

java.io.IOException: Invalid character data corresponding to XML entity
&#8730;
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient$Worker.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:444)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:163)

It would seem I need to do some kind of XML encoding on this string
(and some kind of XML decoding on the other end...) -- shouldn't that
be the kind of thing the XMLRPC library does for me?

Absent that support, is there a String -> XML entities and XML
entities->String coder/decoder handy, or do I need to write it myself?

Thanks!
dylan