ws-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Hoegg <rho...@isisnetworks.net>
Subject Re: Production-quality implementation for xml-rpc
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 15:08:54 GMT
Hi,

The website is out of date at the moment  The latest stable version is
1.1, but it seems it is not available in the apache mirror system.  I
will try to find the time in the next few days to get it out there.

We have a few lingering bugs out there preventing a stable 1.2 release.
Before we call 1.2 "stable" we will probably want to do a release
candidate release so people can put it through its paces and we can get
the web site up to date.

Personally, I'd really like to get 2.0 out there in beta so people start
trying it.  We don't have a roadmap for it yet but I think if I got a
sketch out there some of the other committers (Andrew?  Daniel?) might
be willing to polish it up.  I think Apache's new jira installation will
be a nice place to do that.

Things have been quiet around here for a while, but we're all still
alive.  For me, XML-RPC has not been a part of my projects as of late.

Any code you have that might be of use in 2.0 would be welcome.  Please
start with bugzilla at http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla

To Tsjok's question about Apache vs. Marquee: that question deserves a
page on the web site.  One big difference is Apache's use of
Vector/Hashtable vs. Marquee's use of Java 1.2 collections.  There are
several more, but in 2.0 the differences will change.

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks