ws-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Hoegg <rho...@isisnetworks.net>
Subject Re: Vector, Hashtable, Java Collections
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:22:25 GMT
Shapira, Yoav wrote:

>It was a great surprise.  Nowadays it's rare to download some tool and
>not have to download a dozen dependencies for it.  Logging via log4j
>would be cool, but it'd be a dependency and I can live with
>XmlRpc.debug.

There was a thread a while back about this, and I think Andrew was going
to start wiring in commons logging.

I have recently been exposed to using a monitor pattern instead of a
logging API, and I think its fantastic.  With something like this it
would be easy to plug in log4j or logkit or whatever else.

http://wiki.apache.org/avalon/AvalonNoLogging

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks