ws-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Vector, Hashtable, Java Collections
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:30:20 GMT

Howdy,

>Having patched several bugs in the applet code as well and working much
>more in the "core", I think
>refactoring the applet code to use the core is long overdue; I have
>mentioned that in bugzilla a few
>times.  I am just brainstorming on how to accomplish it while improving
>the overall quality of the
>project.

Ahh.  I should have prepended all my comments with the caveat that I
haven't worked with the applet code, have not looked at it, so I have no
idea it was fundamentally different from the "core" classes.

>As many others do as well, I'm sure.  I personally have little pressure
>to keep it light and small since
>I have used it primarily in server apps and desktop clients, so its up
>to you guys to keep me honest! :)

It was a great surprise.  Nowadays it's rare to download some tool and
not have to download a dozen dependencies for it.  Logging via log4j
would be cool, but it'd be a dependency and I can live with
XmlRpc.debug.

Yoav Shapira