ws-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject Vector, Hashtable, Java Collections
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 18:21:04 GMT

Hi,
Looking at the XML-RPC source code, I see mostly java.util.Vector and
java.util.Hashtable used as opposed to the java.util.List (or
java.util.Collection) and java.util.Map interfaces.  Why is that?  Is it
to allow compiling and using XML-RPC with JDK 1.1?  Or perhaps another
reason?  A similar question follows as to the implementation types, i.e.
why not use ArrayList and HashMap?

Looking at XmlWriter, it would be trivial to modify it to accept a Map
instead of Hashtable and a List instead of Vector.  I'd be happy to
contribute a patch...

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics