ws-users mailing list archives

From "bagas" <ba...@indoartha.co.id>
Subject RE: [Newbie Question]Parsing a text/xml result
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 07:57:31 GMT
Yes! You help me a lot. Thank you very much.

-----Original Message-----
From: Man, Tsjok-Wing [mailto:tsjok.wing.man@ordina.nl]
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 4:59 PM
To: 'xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org'
Subject: RE: [Newbie Question]Parsing a text/xml result

Hello,

The xmlrpc.execute call will create the necessary structures
automatically
for you. There's a list of mappings between Java types and XMLRPC-types
in
the documentation somewhere. You don't have to parse the XMLRPC response
yourself, that's what the xmlrpc-library is for!

for example the following response:
<methodResponse>
	<params>
		<param>
			<value>
				<array>
					<data>
						<value>
							<struct>
								<member>

<name>org</name>

</member>
								<member>

<name>country</name>

</member>
							</struct>
						</value>
						<value>
							<struct>
								<member>

<name>org</name>

</member>
								<member>

<name>country</name>

</member>
							</struct>
						</value>
					</data>
				</array>
			</value>
		</param>
	</params>
</methodResponse>

This will be automatically mapped by xmlrpc to a Vector containing two
Hashtables.

So your code will need to cast the result to a Vector first:
Vector result;

result = (Vector) xmlrpc.execute ("method.name", params);

And to get the info out:
Iterator results;
results = result.iterator();
while (results.hasNext()) {
	Hashtable organisation = (Hashtable) results.next();
	System.out.println("org name: " + organisation.get("org"));
	System.out.println("org country: " +
organisation.get("country"));
}

This will print:
org name: Foo
org country: Holland
org name: Bar
org country: UK

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Tsjok

--
drs. Tsjok-Wing Man
Ordina Software Integration & Development