ws-users mailing list archives

From Filippo Capocasale <keroua...@gsmbox.it>
Subject Re: XML-RPC server suddently stops responding
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2004 08:43:35 GMT
   Hi Daniel!
Thankyou very much for your help.
I agree with you that it could be a resource issue, and I'm trying to investigate about this.
I've tryed to replicate the problem in our developement environment, but I succeded only partially.
Let me explain.
I've prepared a java test program (even if in the real world the client for my server are
written in C++...) that starts 100 threads and each thread sends 50 requests (of a single
service, while the real clients invoke several services).
I've launched this program on two PC in the same time.
I succeeded to overload the xmlrpc server and, surprise surprise, the error on the client
side is "Unexpected end of file from server", that is just the error I've in the production
environment.
But in my simulation the server doesn't stop completely from working: it send the error from
some call, then is manage to fullfill some requests, then again errors and so on...
Instead, in the case of the real problem in the production enviroment, the server seems to
be definitively unable to respond to any request.
Of course for me it's very important to replicate the problem in the developement environment,
since I can't perform my debugging tests in the production environment...
Thankyou for your attention once again.
   Bye bye,
    Filippo