ws-users mailing list archives

From Dave Stewart <dstew...@aquaflo.com>
Subject Re: XML-RPC server suddently stops responding
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 16:29:27 GMT
Hi Filippo!

I don't have any answers for you as to why this is happening, but I've
been (unnecessarily?) fearful of something similar. In my case, I'm
able to have cron restart the rpc server daily (at 1:00 AM).

If that is a possibility for you as well, we could get you going again.
Especially if no one else has any ideas.
;-)

On Mar 30, 2004, at 5:37 AM, Filippo Capocasale wrote:

>    Hello everybody!
> I am facing a severe problem and I really hope someone may help me.
> I have a java application running on Solaris.
> This application starts an xml-rpc servers, and some handler is
> registered.
> I am using the version 1.2-b1 of Apache xml-rpc.
> I have a huge number of clients connecting to this xml-rpc server.
> Everything works correctly for several days (i.e. thowsands of
> connections); then, suddently, the server stops responding.
> I don't see any error in the logs of my application, the process is
> still up and running (the same application has got another xml-rpc
> server listening on another port and it works perfectly), the server
> seems to be in listening on the port (I see it by the command netstat
> -a).
> On the client side I see the error: "Unexpected end of file from
> server".
> It looks like the server truncates every incoming connection.
> There is no problem with firewalls: I've also tried to run a client on
> the same machine.
> If I restart my application everything restarts working fine.
> Well, this is the situation, and I really don't know what to do...
> I just hope it is not an overload problem...
>
> I would really apreciate every help or suggestion!!!
>    Thankyou very much,
>            Filippo

> Questo messaggio รจ stato inviato utilizzando http://it.my.gsmbox.com

Dave Stewart
Aqua~Flo Supply (Goleta CA)
dstewart at aquaflo dot com

The trouble with doing something right the first time
is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.