ws-users mailing list archives

From "Colin Bester" <cbes...@site-controls.com>
Subject Xmlrpc and unsupported types
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2004 21:32:06 GMT
Not sure if xmlrpc is able to do what I require and would appreciate some
advice.

I am looking for a light method (application will be running on embedded pc
platform running linux) to allow transfer of java object via rpc.

In my application I have a collection of java classes (my objects) that I
want to transfer via rpc on demand from client. Objects (java class) contain
standard java types as well as my own java objects.

e.g.

Class someclass
{
	private String someString;
	private Integer someInt;
	private myClass someClass;
}

In the RPCHandler I want to be able to return 'someclass' object for client
retrieval.

On going through documentation I get the feeling that it is possible to
write ones own type handlers and would appreciate comment on whether this is
indeed possible and maybe some clues (links) on how to do this (I haven't
found reference on how to do this).

If this is not possible, is there any other suggestion besides serializing
object over socket connection?

Thanks,
Colin