ws-users mailing list archives

From Dave Stewart <dstew...@aquaflo.com>
Subject Re: Fatal error parsing XML: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Document contains illegal control character with value 1
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 19:53:41 GMT
Hi Sneha!

If I found myself in this position (which I have on an occasion or
two), I would look *_VERY_* closely at the XML your server is getting
back. Something is wrong with it, evidenced by:

>> Fatal error parsing XML:
>> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Document contains
>> illegal control character with value 1

These things can get tricky, as it's easy to overlook the little things
that can throw a parser off. Even if it looks OK, there could be
problems with it. In fact the parser is complaining about a control
character so I doubt very seriously that it will be easy to spot. It
could be something simple, like a <return> you don't expect or
something like that. It could even be something more insideous, like
the wrong <return> code (ASCII 13 instead of ASCII 10, or something
like that).

(The error you're getting back IS the server's response, it's can't
parse out the xml it's getting so it won't be able to formulate a
better response than this.)

Good luck!

On May 24, 2004, at 10:21 AM, Sneha V wrote:

> Can someone please help me out on this problem?
>
> thanks,
> sneha
>
> --- Sneha V <sneha_work@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am using xmlrpc-1.2-b1 Java WebServer and a
>> xmlrpc++
>> c++ client(downloaded from
>> sourceforge.net/projects/xmlrpcpp ). I am getting
>> the
>> following error on the Java console window when the
>> client is sending a message to the server:
>>
>> Fatal error parsing XML:
>> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Document contains
>> illegal control character with value 1
>>
>> org.apache.xmlrpc.ParseFailed: String index out of
>> range: -1
>>
>> After these errors, xmlrpc++ client fails to read
>> the
>> response from the server.
>>
>> Is the above error a know issue and is there any
>> workaround?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> sneha

>> Yahoo! Domains – Claim yours for only $14.70/year
>> http://smallbusiness.promotions.yahoo.com/offer

> Yahoo! Domains – Claim yours for only $14.70/year
> http://smallbusiness.promotions.yahoo.com/offer

Dave Stewart
Aqua~Flo Supply (Goleta CA)
dstewart at aquaflo dot com

Vincent van Gogh visits his psychiatrist, a bloodstained bandage draped
around his ear (or rather, the ear that was). Dutifully, he lies down
on
the couch, his face serene, despite his physical pain. The doctor is
agitated and nonplussed. When he finds the words, he shakes his head
slowly:
"No, no, no, Vincent. I said, take a year off."