ws-users mailing list archives

From "Cuypers Wouter" <Wouter.Cuyp...@ua.ac.be>
Subject SSL connection with SecureXmlRpcClient hangs
Date Sun, 02 May 2004 15:08:31 GMT
Hi,

My application currently works using non-secured xml-rpc communication.
I would like to adapt it to use SSL but I'm having some problems, namely the connection hangs
when I try to execute any remote procedure.
The keystores were created with the java keytool and signed using OpenSSL, I've used them
before as testkeys for secure communication using RMI and sockets.

Below are parts of my code for both server and client.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Wouter

This is a part of the server code:

	public XMLRPCServer(int port, String root, String keyStore, String keyPass) {
		this.port = port;

		// set the security parameters
		SecurityTool.setKeyStore(keyStore);
		SecurityTool.setKeyStorePassword(keyPass);
		SecurityTool.setKeyStoreType("JKS");
		SecurityTool.setKeyManagerType("SunX509");
		SecurityTool.setSecurityProtocol("TLS");

		SecureWebServer web = new SecureWebServer(port);
		web.addHandler("xmlhandler", new XMLHandler(web, root));

		web.start();
		System.out.println("Secure XML-RPC server listening op port " + port + "\n");
	}

And this is the code for the client:

	public void connect() throws Exception {
		// set the security parameters
		SecurityTool.setKeyStore(keyStore);
		SecurityTool.setKeyStorePassword(keyPass);
		SecurityTool.setKeyStoreType(keyStoreType);
		SecurityTool.setKeyManagerType(keyManager);
		SecurityTool.setSecurityProtocol("TLS");

		xmlrpc = new SecureXmlRpcClient(server, port);
		xmlrpc.setup();

		System.out.println("connected to " + xmlrpc.getURL());
	}