ws-users mailing list archives

From Julianne Bielski <bie...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Simple SOAP RPC services, like XML-RPC
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 21:36:11 GMT
Take a look at gSOAP.

-- Regards,

Julianne Bielski
Senior Software Engineer
IBM Systems Group - xSeries
tel: (919) 543-5110      (T/L) 441-5110
fax: (919) 543-3767
e-mail: bielsk@us.ibm.com

"All growth is a leap in the dark, a spontaneous unpremeditated act
without benefit of experience." — Henry Miller

Matthew Sell <msell@ontimesupport.com>
05/04/2004 03:06 PM
Please respond to
xmlrpc-user

xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Simple SOAP RPC services, like XML-RPC

Hello All,

Is there a simple way to expose methods in an application via SOAP?
We've been using XML-RPC with much success, but we would like to be able
to expose the same methods to remote clients via SOAP.

I took a look at AXIS, but it seems to be much more suited for use with
an application server such as Tomcat, and appears to require external
descriptors, etc, etc.

XML-RPC is a very simple solution; I was wondering if there was an
equivalent using SOAP.

Thanks!

    - Matt

--