ws-users mailing list archives

From "Duke Tantiprasut" <dtant...@micromuse.com>
Subject RE: XMLRPC-JDOM support
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 03:40:26 GMT
I'm not talking about extending the XMLRPC standard to represent the
arbitrary java object (a la RMI). I'm referring to extending the Apache Java
XMLRPC API implementation to understand JDOM XML objects. The API already
simplifies handling Java Hashtables, Vectors, I think it would be helpful
providing another layer of abstraction that can translate the the JDOM
object to these base types. If on the other side the language is
C/C++/PHP/etc, it would only understand the base types and would have to
reconstruct the data structure if required, but if your lucky enough to use
Java, the API can provide some simplication for Java developers.

Anyway the idea may be just too specific to JDOM and detracts from just
providing an API for XMLRPC but I thought it would be useful and help
further promote the Java XMLRPC API.