ws-users mailing list archives

From "Pablo A. Salgado" <pablosalg...@etb.net.co>
Subject Re: list and rationing
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 21:18:11 GMT
I agree with Derrick. This list is not about using jars or even
compiling java sources. Of course, the building process for
xmlrpc-1.2-b1 package fails for me too, but I simply put de sources in
my IDE, add the necesary third party jars, compiled them and imported
what I need in my code.

I usually do it even with packages like Tapestry, Torque, etc. because
missing documentation and I know the community is as busy as I am so the
better I can do is to debug and tracing the code to find an answer in
about 15-30 minutes. Six years ago I spent hours doing the same, but six
years ago I was a begginer...

Jim the Standing Bear wrote:

>good advice, derrick, if you think "read the manual" type of response
>is helpful.
>

>On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 12:41:00 -0700 (PDT), Derrick Brundage
><derrick@oddpost.com> wrote:
>

>>I'm feeling like flame-bait today so I'll give it a shot:
>>
>>You probably aren't getting much help because it sounds like you don't understand
basic Java development.  You've already gotten a couple of helpful responses, which is more
than most apparently pointless questions get on mailing lists.

>>No one is obligated to help you; learn to figure things out for yourself.  Using JAR
files in development is a standard process that should be self-explanatory.  If you don't
understand how to use the JAR files that come with the binary distribution, do a search on
google for "using JAR files".