ws-users mailing list archives

From Jim the Standing Bear <standingb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to build XML-RPC package
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 18:21:10 GMT
Hi Daniel,

thanks for the reply. I also downloaded the binary dist. However,
after i untarred it, it did not even have a build.xml file.  The
included README.txt file, however, still says something about running
ant... so I am a little confused. can you give me some more guidance,
please? thanks.

best wishes

Jim

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 12:08:19 -0400 (EDT), Daniel <dantest@yorku.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Unless you need to modify the source of v1.2-b1, you can download it from
> the distribution directory.  Here's a mirror:
> http://apache.sunsite.ualberta.ca/ws/xmlrpc/v1.2-b1/
>
> If you're up for it, you can check out the latest CVS source and set up
> your default.properties/building.properties file as below and then run
> "ant" which would build the jar files.  Note you might need to get some
> jars and point to their location in the .properties (see last few
> lines--I've placed the jars in the ./lib directory).
>
> # -------------------------------------------------------------------
> # D E F A U L T   P R O P E R T I E S
> # -------------------------------------------------------------------
> # These properties are used by the XML-RPC build.  You may override
> # any of these default values by placing property values in your
> # local build.properties and ${user.home}/build.properties files.
> # -------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> name = XML-RPC
> project = xmlrpc
> build.dir = ./target
> build.dest = ${build.dir}/classes
> build.test.dest = ${build.dir}/test-classes
> src.dir = ./src
> src.test.dir = ${src.dir}/test
> test.reportsDirectory = test-reports
> javadoc.destdir = ${build.dir}/docs/api
> jakarta.site2 = ../jakarta-site2
> jdom.jar = jdom-b7.jar
> docs.src = ./xdocs
> docs.dest = ./docs
> lib.repo = ./lib
> year = 1999-2002
> debug = off
> optimize = on
> deprecation = on
> final.name = ${project}-${version}
>
> # You must set these values here, or in your
> # ${user.home}/build.properties file in order
> # to build XmlRpc:
>
> commons-httpclient.jar = ${lib.repo}/commons-httpclient-2.0.jar
> commons-logging.jar = ${lib.repo}/commons-logging-1.0.3.jar
> commons-codec.jar = ${lib.repo}/commons-codec-1.1.jar
> jsse.jar = ${lib.repo}/jsse.jar
> jnet.jar = ${lib.repo}/jnet.jar
> jcert.jar = ${lib.repo}/jcert.jar
> servlet.jar = ${lib.repo}/servlet.jar
> junit.jar = ${lib.repo}/junit-3.7.jar
>
> Regards,
> Daniel
>

> On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Jim the Standing Bear wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I downloaded the XML-RPC v1.2 b1 package, but could not build it.
> > Whenever I run ant, it would come back with an error message saying
> > that in build.xml line 137 that the source directory does not exist.
> >
> > I looked at the readme file included in the package, and it says
> > something about configuring the build.properties file in the build
> > directory. However, I could not even see the build directory at all,
> > let along finding the .properties file in there.
> >
> > Please help. I am using redhat 9. thanks
> >
> > best wishes
> >
> > Jim

> [...]

Standing Bear Has Spoken