ws-users mailing list archives

From "Shirai,Kaoru" <shi...@korinkan.co.jp>
Subject Re: Passing non-ASCII String value
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 23:01:47 GMT
Thank you for your reply, John.

> Are you sure that it objects to characters with values > 0XFF?
>
> It certainly should refuse to send characters with values less than
> 0X20 unless they are /n, /r or /t. The XML spec spec does not allow
> these values in a well formed XML document.

Sorry, that's right about values < 0x20. There is no problem that I
cannot send those characters. But about characters with values > 0xFF,
XML 1.0 allows it except for some special characters:

Char ::= #x9 | #xA | #xD | [#x20-#xD7FF] | [#xE000-#xFFFD] |
         [#x10000-#x10FFFF]
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#charsets

I think those should be allowed. The string I want to send only
contains Unicode characters defined in above.
--
Shirai,Kaoru <shirai@korinkan.co.jp>
Korinkan Ltd. - http://www.korinkan.co.jp/