ws-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Christian Ruediger <christian.ruedi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RE : Server Error: String index out of range: 255
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:37:26 GMT
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:24:28 +0200, LANTRES Franck
<franck.lantres@fr.renault-sport-f1.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I had this kind of exception (but the index was 65536) when the servlet
> is restarted (without restarting Tomcat).

I simply used the Echo Handler for testing. Where can I set the
Encoding. Or which class implements XMLRPC. In the XmlRpcServer
 is no method to set the encoding.

> I fix it by setting the encoding (XmlRpc.setEncoding("ISO-8859-1");) and
> cleaning handlers when the servlet is being taken out of service
> (overwrite the HttpServlet::destroy method).
> 
> Hope this help.
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Franck
> 
> > -----Message d'origine-----
> > De : Christian Ruediger [mailto:christian.ruediger@gmail.com]
> > Envoyé : mercredi 29 septembre 2004 11:17
> > À : xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org
> > Objet : Server Error: String index out of range: 255
> >
> >
> > Hello there,
> 
> 
> >
> > i have this miracoulous error message as writen in the header.
> >
> > I have implemented an Servlet which holds an instance of the
> > XMLRPC-server. The servlet is deployed to Tomcat 5.0.28 to the path
> > http://localhost:8080/locasugeGSM
> >
> > I have searched the internet, just to find another one who
> > had this error. It seems to be a server problem. I looked up
> > the classes and the sourcecode but didn't have immediate
> > access to the reason.
> >
> > Here is the Stacktrace:
> > Tried to connect to: http://localhost:8080/locasugeGSM
> > String index out of range: 255
> > java.io.IOException: String index out of range: 255
> >       at
> > org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient$Worker.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:444)
> >       at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:163)
> >       at
> > gsmadaptateurs.OrangeGSMAdaptateur.demandePosition(OrangeGSMAd
> > aptateur.java:94)
> >       at
> > testgroupe1.GSMAdaptateurOrangeTest.testAdaptateur(GSMAdaptate
> > urOrangeTest.java:54)
> >       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> >       at
> > sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccess
> > orImpl.java:39)
> >       at
> > sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMeth
> > odAccessorImpl.java:25)
> >       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
> >       at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:154)
> >       at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:127)
> >       at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
> >       at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
> >       at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
> >       at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
> >       at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
> >       at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
> >       at
> > org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTest
> > s(RemoteTestRunner.java:421)
> >       at
> > org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(Rem
> > oteTestRunner.java:305)
> >       at
> > org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(Re
> > moteTestRunner.java:186)
> >
> 
>

Mime
View raw message