ws-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Christian Ruediger <christian.ruedi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RE : Server Error: String index out of range: 255
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:44:42 GMT
Hello again,

I'm afraid I missed something of importance:
The erroe seems to occur within the client. Seems to be an sax
problem:

Might be a Bug in XmlRpc?!

The Preceeding Errormessage from my test is:
commence test d'adaptateur!
Fatal error parsing XML: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: invalid
Character Entitiy
exécution de xmlrpc methode a déclenché un IO erreur :execute
Tried to connect to: http://localhost:8080/locasugeGSM
String index out of range: 255
java.io.IOException: String index out of range: 255
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient$Worker.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:444)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:163)
	at gsmadaptateurs.OrangeGSMAdaptateur.demandePosition(OrangeGSMAdaptateur.java:100)
	at testgroupe1.GSMAdaptateurOrangeTest.testAdaptateur(GSMAdaptateurOrangeTest.java:54)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
	at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:154)
	at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:127)
	at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
	at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
	at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
	at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
	at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
	at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:421)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:305)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:186)
Finisait test d'adaptateur!



On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:37:26 +0200, Christian Ruediger
<christian.ruediger@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:24:28 +0200, LANTRES Franck
> <franck.lantres@fr.renault-sport-f1.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I had this kind of exception (but the index was 65536) when the servlet
> > is restarted (without restarting Tomcat).
> 
> I simply used the Echo Handler for testing. Where can I set the
> Encoding. Or which class implements XMLRPC. In the XmlRpcServer
> is no method to set the encoding.
> 
> 
> 
> > I fix it by setting the encoding (XmlRpc.setEncoding("ISO-8859-1");) and
> > cleaning handlers when the servlet is being taken out of service
> > (overwrite the HttpServlet::destroy method).
> >
> > Hope this help.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Franck
> >
> > > -----Message d'origine-----
> > > De : Christian Ruediger [mailto:christian.ruediger@gmail.com]
> > > Envoyé : mercredi 29 septembre 2004 11:17
> > > À : xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org
> > > Objet : Server Error: String index out of range: 255
> > >
> > >
> > > Hello there,
> >
> >
> > >
> > > i have this miracoulous error message as writen in the header.
> > >
> > > I have implemented an Servlet which holds an instance of the
> > > XMLRPC-server. The servlet is deployed to Tomcat 5.0.28 to the path
> > > http://localhost:8080/locasugeGSM
> > >
> > > I have searched the internet, just to find another one who
> > > had this error. It seems to be a server problem. I looked up
> > > the classes and the sourcecode but didn't have immediate
> > > access to the reason.
> > >
> > > Here is the Stacktrace:
> > > Tried to connect to: http://localhost:8080/locasugeGSM
> > > String index out of range: 255
> > > java.io.IOException: String index out of range: 255
> > >       at
> > > org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient$Worker.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:444)
> > >       at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:163)
> > >       at
> > > gsmadaptateurs.OrangeGSMAdaptateur.demandePosition(OrangeGSMAd
> > > aptateur.java:94)
> > >       at
> > > testgroupe1.GSMAdaptateurOrangeTest.testAdaptateur(GSMAdaptate
> > > urOrangeTest.java:54)
> > >       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> > >       at
> > > sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccess
> > > orImpl.java:39)
> > >       at
> > > sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMeth
> > > odAccessorImpl.java:25)
> > >       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
> > >       at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:154)
> > >       at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:127)
> > >       at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
> > >       at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
> > >       at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
> > >       at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
> > >       at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
> > >       at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
> > >       at
> > > org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTest
> > > s(RemoteTestRunner.java:421)
> > >       at
> > > org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(Rem
> > > oteTestRunner.java:305)
> > >       at
> > > org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(Re
> > > moteTestRunner.java:186)
> > >
> >
> >
>

Mime
View raw message