ws-users mailing list archives

From "Karnes, Derek" <derek.kar...@ngc.com>
Subject RE: XML-RPC with NTLM (windows integrated authentication)
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 13:41:50 GMT
I'd suggest turning on xml-rpc debug for a day and see if you can get a good log of the circumstances
around the lock up.
Haven't encountered that error before, sorry.
-D

-----Original Message-----
From: Lin, Yaxiong [mailto:lin.yaxiong@mayo.edu]
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 9:28 AM
To: 'xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org'
Subject: RE: XML-RPC with NTLM (windows integrated authentication)

We have been using xml-rpc for over 2 years to communicate between our WebSphere/Tomcat and
a java app running on NT as an NT service (using servAny.exe).  We are still using the version
1.0 for some reason.  Just recently we started to see the java app hangs during the peak hours
of activities.  Most of the time there is nothing in our app log file, but yesterday we saw
"95% XML-RPC server threads in use" messages in our app log file.  This is a serious problem
for us as the java app is involved in the two-phase database commit and thus any time it hangs,
potentially we have open database transaction in other databases which causes database locking
situation to other applications.

I was wondering if anyone has any insight to what's causing this problem?

Thanks.

Yaxiong Lin
Mayo Clinic
Rochester, MN 55905