ws-users mailing list archives

From Dave Stewart <dstew...@aquaflo.com>
Subject Re: Execute asoell from java
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 22:27:25 GMT
On Dec 2, 2004, at 12:00 PM, keroppi kero offered this insight:

> I've tryied all things I know and I can't use aspell from java (in
> windows).
>
> I tryied to call with pipe and with -a option too, but it don't work.
>
> have anybody use aspell from java any time?

Have you looked at java.lang.Runtime? It has an exec() method that'll
run other processes (like aspell) for you; no need to mess around with
pipes (note that I haven't used aspell before, let alone from java, so
there may be tricks I'm unaware of).

It's typically recommended to use the version of exec() that takes a
String[] (String array) instead of the one that takes a String and
parses it out for you. The parser doesn't always work the way you want;
the array version takes the first String as the command and all others
as arguments.

HTH ...

> keroppi

> Descarga gratis la Barra de Herramientas de MSN
> http://www.msn.es/usuario/busqueda/barra?
> XAPID=2031&DI=1055&SU=http%3A//
> www.hotmail.com&HL=LINKTAG1OPENINGTEXT_MSNBH

Dave Stewart
Aqua~Flo Supply (Goleta CA)
dstewart at aquaflo dot com

Those who understand binary and those who don't.