ws-users mailing list archives

From "Gabi" <g...@idieikon.com>
Subject RE: future of this library
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 08:47:18 GMT
I use the apache implementation and it works perfectly.
I suppose that as no error is detected, and, it does the work, and no more
implementation can be done (because it does everything compliant with the
specifications, any add-on will be out of specification, so... no new
version will be available.
I use very much xmlrpc to communicate with the same apache implementation,
with other java implementations, once with a C++ xmlrpc with another
application in another company, and with a php implementation too.
I had never a problem, only recently with a kxmlrpc implementation in java
for mobile phones, that is old or dead many time ago and it does not work
correctly (it works 98% but fails for example sending "large" byte[] data
types (it exchanges some bytes inside the array!!!).

If a library is xmlrpc compliant and it works, it does not care if it has a
new version or is an old version for me, because it works.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: pesmail@gmail.com [mailto:pesmail@gmail.com]
Enviado el: viernes, 04 de febrero de 2005 9:19
Para: xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org
Asunto: future of this library

Hi,

anyone knows how is this library supported or developer? Is it still
alive, or completely dead?

What can I do if I need small XML RPC library and no overbloated stuff
like Apache Axis (which maybe can do XML RPC too)? I was browsing list
of java implementations at
http://xmlrpc.scripting.com/directory/1568/implementations and all are
old or dead. Or there was found some problem with XML RPC protocol and
it's now obsolete?

Thanks for any hint or suggestion,

Petr