ws-users mailing list archives

From "Mao & Tian" <jianbo....@btinternet.com>
Subject RE: future of this library
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 23:40:50 GMT
The library is pretty much supported and live. As oppose to SOAP gets a lot
more attention lately, the XML-RPC spec remained static. But its original
goal of making the disributed computing simple is well achieved. XML-RPC is
designed to be as simple as possible, while allowing complex data structures
to be transmitted, processed and returned. If all you are looking for is a
small and simple distributed application XML-RPC is your choice.
I have used Apache implementation to transmit large image data in JPEG,
DICOM format to be processed by the server and returned to fat Java clients.
It was very simple and easy to code and works well.

Jianbo

-----Original Message-----
From: pesmail@gmail.com [mailto:pesmail@gmail.com]
Sent: 04 February 2005 08:19
To: xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: future of this library

Hi,

anyone knows how is this library supported or developer? Is it still
alive, or completely dead?

What can I do if I need small XML RPC library and no overbloated stuff
like Apache Axis (which maybe can do XML RPC too)? I was browsing list
of java implementations at
http://xmlrpc.scripting.com/directory/1568/implementations and all are
old or dead. Or there was found some problem with XML RPC protocol and
it's now obsolete?

Thanks for any hint or suggestion,

Petr