ws-users mailing list archives

From Tino Wildenhain <t...@wildenhain.de>
Subject Re: Connection pooling
Date Sun, 17 Apr 2005 16:25:59 GMT
Am Sonntag, den 17.04.2005, 18:13 +0200 schrieb Seth van der Maas:
> Hello,
>
> I could not find any information about the possibility of having the
> xml-rpc client make use of a connection pool, i.e. keeping up to X
> connections open instead of reconnecting for each 'execute' request).
> I was wondering if anyone knows about a good way of adding this
> functionality or if it has been done already (or why it would be a bad
> idea).

Well HTTP does not really have persistent connections.
HTTP/1.1 defines a keep-alive which means semi persistence,
but server and client can break this contract anytime
they feel like. Not sure if it buys you anything.
This depends heavily on what you are doing and how much
control you have over server, client and intermediate
proxies.

Regards
Tino