ws-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Landon - IBN" <mlan...@ibnads.com>
Subject Re: Making handlers aware of requesting address
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 15:10:47 GMT
Using the 1.1 release of XML-RPC, I am not aware of any methods that expose
the caller's IP.  We had this same requirement so we modified
XmlRpcServer.java's "executeInternal" method so we could do some special
processing w/ the caller's IP when a given RPC method was called.  (Inside
"executeInternal" you have access to both the called method and the caller
socket.)

Michael

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Zablonski" <kzablonski@ll.mit.edu>
To: <xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 8:45 AM
Subject: Making handlers aware of requesting address

Is there a way to retrieve the IP address of the remote machine making
the remote procedure call from within a handler?  I am using the default
Webserver class to handle connections and a basic handler.  As it stands
now, the remote machine making the remote procedure call is passing its
own ip as a paramater, but I would like to not have to do this.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You,
Kevin