ws-users mailing list archives

From Indra Syafruddin <indra_syafrud...@yahoo.com>
Subject String compare
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 19:30:49 GMT

I tried to compare two String, one comes from parameter that is sent via xmlrpc, one comes
from arraylist data.

Both String have exactly same data. But why the comparation value return false??

import java.util.*;

public class ListMedia {

 private MediaData mediaData;

 private MediaData[] listData;

 private List list = new ArrayList();

 public ListMedia() {
  this.createMediaList();
  mediaData = getMediaData("test.avi");
  System.out.println(mediaData.getMediaName());
 }

 private void createMediaList() {
  mediaData = new MediaData("Nyoba.avi", "c:/fans/Nyoba.avi", "video",
    "audio");
  list.add(mediaData);

  mediaData = new MediaData("test.avi", "c:/fans/test.avi", "videoTest",
    "audioTest");
  list.add(mediaData);

  mediaData = new MediaData("testjuga.avi", "c:/fans/test.avi",
    "videoTest", "audioTest");
  list.add(mediaData);
 }

 public void addMediaList(String name, String url, String video, String audio) {
  mediaData = new MediaData(name, url, video, audio);
  list.add(mediaData);
 }

 public void removeMediaList(Iterator i) {
  i.remove();
 }

 public MediaData getMediaData(String name) {
  System.out.println("name = " + name);
  ListIterator i = list.listIterator();
  for (int no = 0; i.hasNext();) {
   mediaData = (MediaData) i.next();
   System.out.println(mediaData.getMediaName() + " = " + name);
   System.out.println(mediaData.getMediaName() == name);
   if (mediaData.getMediaName() == name) {
    System.out.println("found");
    break;
   }

   // mediaData = null;
  }

  System.out.println(mediaData.getMediaName());
  return mediaData;
 }

  new ListMedia();

 }
}

Here's the output when I run server:

Starting server on port 1234

server running

name = test.avi

Nyoba.avi = test.avi

false

test.avi = test.avi

true

found

test.avi

test.avi

And here's the output when I create request :

name = test.avi

Nyoba.avi = test.avi

false

test.avi = test.avi    // Why it is false???

false

testjuga.avi = test.avi

false

testjuga.avi