ws-users mailing list archives

From Indra Syafruddin <indra_syafrud...@yahoo.com>
Subject need help regarding executeAsync method
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 04:14:34 GMT
I need to run executeAsync method. but it always return :

Exception in thread "Thread-0" java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient$XmlRpcClientAsyncThread.run(XmlRpcClient.java:271)

here's my code

public sendRequest(String portServer, String mediaName, String port, String IPDest, String
bandwidth) {
   try {
     XmlRpcClient xmlRpcClient = new XmlRpcClient
       ("http://"+ IPDest + ":" + portServer);
     Vector parameters = new Vector();
     parameters.addElement (new String(mediaName) );
     parameters.addElement (new String(port) );
     parameters.addElement( (new String(InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostAddress())));
     parameters.addElement(new String(bandwidth));
     int audioport = Integer.parseInt(port);
     audioport+=2;
     argv[0] = IPDest+"/"+audioport+"/5";

     System.out.println("start executing");
     xmlRpcClient.executeAsync
          ("ExecuteCode.startTransmit",parameters,new AsyncListener());

           //AsyncListener is another class

     System.out.println("opening RTP session at " + port);

    } catch (MalformedURLException e) {
     // TODO Auto-generated catch block
     e.printStackTrace();
    } catch (UnknownHostException e) {
     // TODO Auto-generated catch block
     e.printStackTrace();
    }
     /*catch(XmlRpcException e){
     e.printStackTrace();
    }*/
      catch (IOException e) {
     // TODO Auto-generated catch block
     e.printStackTrace();
    }

 }

Does anyone know why it happens?

Anyone know where I can find tutorial regarding this(executeAsync method)?

thanks