ws-users mailing list archives

From John Wilson <...@wilson.co.uk>
Subject Re: shutdown webserver
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:25:21 GMT

On 14 Jun 2005, at 18:06, Indra Syafruddin wrote:

> I have run a xmlrpc webserver. for some reason it's
> quitting. When I try to start it again, it shows error
> :
> java.net.BindException: Address already in use:
> JVM_Bind
>
> my question is: how to stop this webserver?? (pls
> don't tell me the only way is to restart my computer).

When you stop listening on a port you can't immediately reopen the
port. The operating system will prevent you from reopening the port
for a short period of time. The time will vary from operating system
to operating system. Typically it's a couple of minutes. So you will
have to wait a short time before restarting your web server.

John Wilson
The Wilson Partnership
http://www.wilson.co.uk