ws-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Landon - IBN" <mlan...@ibnads.com>
Subject Re: vector inside vector
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:42:56 GMT
We ran into a similar issue & found that our vectors included hashtables & those hashtables
had non-String keys (something this version of XML-RPC expects during translation).  By changing
our keys to strings, everything worked fine.  You might want to check for that as a starting
point.

Michael

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Indra Syafruddin
  To: xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 3:32 PM
  Subject: vector inside vector

  I am trying to send vector request. I want to receive another vector inside vector. both
outside and inside vector' components are all String.

  My problem is... I can send request. It come to webserver well. But I can't get the response
  here

  parameters = new Vector();
     parameters.addElement(fansMember);
     parameters = FansVectorConvert.Convert(parameters);
     System.out.println(client.execute("request.register",parameters));

  here's the response class:
  public Vector register(String name,String ip, String bandwidth, Vector media) {
    System.out.println("get new comer from " + ip);
    System.out.println("with media : " + media);
    Vector mediaData = new Vector();
    ListMember.addMember(name,ip,bandwidth,FansVectorConvert.getMedia(media));
    System.out.println(FansVectorConvert.Convert(ListMember.getAllMember()));
    return FansVectorConvert.Convert(ListMember.getAllMember());

  FansVectorConvert is a static class to convert my objects in vector (and the vector inside
it) into String component, and vice versa. I use this because I don't know how to create handler
for my object.

  the result from  :
  System.out.println(client.execute("request.register",parameters));
  is
  org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String

  Does anyone know how to solve it? thanks anyway